Benefits: Paid travel and business expenses, 25 days Annual Leave (Exc bank holidays), Comprehensive Training period, genuine career progression
Due to a sustained period of success and realistic growth ambitions, this long-standing firm built on product integrity and great customer service are making a push to become market leaders in the design and manufacturing of high quality wood burning stoves.
As a result, my client is now looking to strengthen their team with an experienced, trusted and versatile buyer to oversee its product and part procurement in the UK and Far East. Reporting straight into the MD, the environment here suits someone with a hands on, professional and pro active approach to their work. Genuine career progression for someone willing to deliver objectives and drive company vision.
- Negotiation of contracts with existing and new suppliers – consistently achieving best price
- Responsible for the negotiation of purchasing agreements, ensuring all aspects of supply are covered, including packaging, labels, instructions, deliveries scheduling and payment terms.
- Manage all purchasing across a specific range of products.
- Monitor existing supplier delivery performance and source new relationships where necessary
- Ability to work as part of the team but also confident using own initiative.
- Responsible for effective stock management, utilisation of system reports, low level stock, monthly ordering, back orders and historic / present data for sales and stock holdings
- Full Driving Licence and Passport (you will be required to travel overseas with this role).
- Staff supervision
- A good knowledge of buying procedures and purchasing strategies.
- Have excellent communication skills (face to face, verbal & written)
- Strong I.T Skills – Excel and Microsoft office
- Must be flexible to travel internationally and domestically.
Please contact Adam Smithers of Follow The Oak on 07904079242 or email@example.com for more details.
|Location||Exeter Based - with some UK travel and quarterly trips to Far East|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Date Posted||September, 2017|