Role: Chief Technology Officer
Ref No: 2014-FTO
Industry: Smart Fitness
Location: Remote (EMEA/US based)
Salary & Package: Attractive salary and bonus package. Potential share options available to the right candidate.
Reporting to: CEO
This pioneering smart fitness brand has created a Smart Workout ecosystem that is revolutionising the fitness product industry by bringing together software, fitness, and entrepreneurship.
Underwhelmed with the portable equipment and stationary solutions available on the market, this team of innovators bonded the scientifically-proven benefits of resistance training with cutting-edge technology to design and build the world’s first true smart training system that can be used anytime & anywhere.
What we’re looking for
This is a rare opportunity for an individual looking to make an impact in a senior leadership role within one of the fitness industry’s most exciting and disruptive start-ups.
We are searching for outstanding Chief Technology Officer with a passion for vision to provide technical expertise to all aspects of the company as it heads into the next stage of growth. The individual should have significant experience in strategic thinking, current technological trends and IoT product development projects (Wearables, Smart Fitness, Smart Home, Mobile Applications).
Reporting directly to the CEO, the CTO will design, implement and deliver a world class tech and product development strategy that continues to build global brand awareness through a revolutionary product portfolio.
This is a true hands on role and you’ll be expected to work at pace often outside of the constraints of a job description.
- Define, develop, lead and implement the company’s short, mid and long term technology and product strategy, always ensuring it remains aligned with business objectives.
- Advise and work in collaboration with internal teams and commercial partners to share market insights that help improve future product development (IoT), always looking to stay ahead of the competition and introduce new tech trends.
- Advise and streamline product development processes, applying appropriate methodologies in Business Agility & Lean Development where necessary.
- As the senior technical representative, you will regularly prepare and present tech strategy & product roadmap to the board, partners and future investors.
- Identify potential integration opportunities and leverage relationships with high profile, 3rd party fitness tracking platforms.
- Champion a continuous improvement of IT processes and technologies staying on top of market trends in product hardware, data analytics and software technologies.
- Responsible for the successful execution of product development projects.
The ideal candidate
- 5+ years relevant experience leading IoT product development projects preferably in a wearables, Fitness/Health product environment.
- A highly motivated, entrepreneurial and practical personality who enjoys working in a dynamic
organization with global ambitions.
- Experience in a Technology start-up and/or SME experience would be advantageous.
- Possess a ‘get things done’ attitude, doesn’t like politics and irrelevant meetings.
- Independent but collaborative. Strategically minded and comfortable working with team members and partners across department borders and different time zones.
- Strong grasp of quality, software/hardware development regulations and standards.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning with a passion for hands on delivery.
- Fluent English language skills are required, with additional international languages an advantage.
- Knowledge of the fitness market and the technology trends within it (experience in IoT & Tech products).
- Inspirational leadership qualities and communication skills – A true team player.
- Comfortable preparing and presenting performance and strategy at board level.
- Impeccable business and commercial acumen.
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable in a fast-changing environment that requires a true hands-on and dynamic approach (start-up attitude).
- Passion for our vision
- Higher engineering degree in computer science, software or technical/electrical engineering, or similar.
- Strong working knowledge of Office365.
- Cabin baggage – this position will require occasional international travel.
If you are confident that you are the person we are looking for, please send your application and resume directly to Adam Smithers at email@example.com
|Salary||Attractive salary and bonus package|
|Location||Remote (EMEA/US based)|