Job Title: Group Sales & Marketing Director
Remuneration: Circa £65,000 DOE (equity offer after a 6 month probationary period)
Location: Remote & HQ as required (Wiltshire, UK), travel between other sites will be required
Business Function: Sales & Marketing
Reporting to: Group CEO
Working Schedule: Full Time (37.5 hours pw), Monday to Friday with some evening and weekend work. As this is an executive level role, you may be required to work additional hours to fulfil the requirements of the role
This highly ambitious holding group consists of four new exciting brands entering the health, fitness and physical activity sectors with a major disruptor attitude to family fitness, sports participation and child health.
The group has a particular emphasis on sports participation, youth activity, insight, family leisure, new trends in health and fitness, sports sponsorship and product development.
What we’re looking for
Reporting directly to the Group CEO, we require an inspirational Group Sales and Marketing Director to define and execute the sales and marketing strategy for all brands across a disruptive group portfolio ensuring the business is committing to informed, qualified decisions as it expands across the UK.
This is an incredibly high profile and well backed start up with a internationally recognised board of advisers and strategic partners. This role is disruptive and not for the feint hearted requiring a true hands-on approach and dynamic leadership. You must possess superb collaboration and communication skills, and bring with you a proven track record building, empowering, supporting and motivating industry renowned teams within the worlds of Sports Participation, Family Leisure, Fitness Technology or Physical Activity.
This is a career defining opportunity for an individual looking to make an impact for his/her first Director level role.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the sales and marketing process and strategy across all brands within the group portfolio.
- Lead, support and inspire the sales and marketing teams and identify opportunities to improve performance and increase revenue throughout the business.
- Provide senior representation at industry events, seminars, and play an active role in industry movements
- Gather information that keeps the business ahead of competition and up to date with the latest and best practices in content marketing and sales management.
- Drive operational excellence to further develop ways of working and make our processes for Marketing & Business development more effective and efficient.
- Development and implementation of digital marketing plans.
- Analyse and approve all external and internal marketing material.
- Lead on key marketing projects particularly focused on brand and ongoing strategy development
- Ensure that all facilities have an appropriate media spend apportioned to them and that their media plan reflects their requirements
- Implement and continually develop the social media strategy
- Develop and manage the corporate website, ensuring SEO is ongoing and that the content is regularly reviewed and updated
- Support the CEO to ensure that the correct strategies are in place to achieve targets and collaborate with the relevant teams to assess and develop potential new sites
- Oversee any special projects to ensure that they are completed on budget and on time
To succeed, you will need
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in a similar senior Sales or Marketing role across Sports Participation, Family Leisure, Fitness Technology and Physical Activity sectors.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience dealing with finance, budgets and targets.
- Strong understanding of current childcare family lifestyle needs.
- Proven track record leading, empowering, supporting and motivating Sales & Marketing teams
- Exceptional leadership, influencing, listening and negotiating skills.
- Committed to delivering high quality service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Office365.
- Reliable, punctual and organised.
- Flexible approach to working hours and able to travel to various properties across the UK to provide training and support.
If you’re confident that you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV & a Cover Letter directly to Adam Smithers at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Salary||Circa £65,000 DOE|
|Location||Remote & HQ (Wiltshire UK)|