We represent one of the world’s leading, and fastest-growing commercial fitness brands who inspire and motivate people to participate and achieve their goal; whether that relates to general fitness, weight loss, or winning competitions.
By investing in innovation and its people whilst staying true to its core values this company has breathed new life into an industry where year on year, customers are offered the same tired products.
With an industry leading equipment portfolio my client supplies some of the finest professional sports clubs and fitness facilities around the world. Achieving such credibility has attracted a group of elite athletes and sporting ambassadors who help reflect the brand goal to stand out, rise above, and set new standards.
This is a key role within the organisation acting as the main point of contact for one of our largest clients regarding the planning, progress, and completion of their orders.
Description of responsibility
- Liaises with internal staff and major client via effective and appropriate communication including; phone, email, Skype, and face to face meetings.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of the order plans including; quotes, CAD, orders, stock levels, delivery and installation, and after sales.
- Creates and delivers order plans, and revises as appropriate to meet the changing needs and requirements.
- Develops order plan status reports to review discrepancies, plan ahead, anticipate and communicate potential issues, and initiate any corrective actions.
- Works closely with the relevant departments to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the order plans.
- Ensures documentation is complete, current, and appropriately distributed.
- Identifies resources and assign responsibilities.
- Proven experience and a sound knowledge of supply chain and logistics.
- Strong and interpersonal skills – verbal and non-verbal communication at all levels, listening, judgment, negotiation, persuasion, problem solving, decision making, and assertiveness.
- Managerial experience.
- Time management, the ability to prioritise, and adapt effectively.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer focused.
- Understands basic revenue models.
- Good I.T. skills and proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- PRINCE2 qualification would be advantageous, although not essential.
Please contact Adam Smithers of Follow The Oak on 07904079242 or email@example.com for more details.
|Salary||£25k - £27k (+ bonus)|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Date Posted||February, 2018|