Role: Product Manager
Ref No: 3021-FTO
Location: London, UK
Salary & Package: Circa £45k + Equity options
Reporting to: Co-Founders
Due to explosive success, secured investment and a realistic growth profile, this industry disrupting firm built on product integrity and great customer experience are making a push to become market leaders in the design and manufacturing of high quality, affordable, connected home exercise bikes. They bring smart tech and awesome workouts into people’s homes – without the hefty price tag.
The rising trend of at-home fitness has soared in recent years, even before the COVID-19 pandemic forced gym-lovers to find their own in-house fitness alternatives. This exciting, progressive company responded by producing a high-performance indoor exercise bike to suit the needs of fitness-loving consumers.
The successful strategy has focused on undercutting the premium hardware/subscription market whilst achieving the same high-quality engineering at a substantially lower price-point.
By building on its high-profile partnerships with one of the UK’s premium spin class brands – and delivering on its promises of quality, the company is well positioned to shake up the fitness industry as we know it.
What we’re looking for
To support the next phase of the company’s evolution, we’re looking to strengthen the team with an experienced, trusted and versatile Product Manager to oversee the entire product lifecycle and part procurement in the UK and Far East. Reporting directly into the Co-Founders the environment here suits someone with a true hands-on, visionary and pro-active approach to their work.
You will work across department borders in a cross functional role with engineering, design, operations and sales teams to understand, build, ship and store world class fitness products.
This is a rare and genuine opportunity to join an exciting scale-up business and make a huge impact at an integral stage of its growth.
Experience & Responsibilities
- Proven experience as a Product Manager or Product Leader in a connected hardware led business.
- Product experience within the gym equipment industry preferable but not essential.
- Impeccable communication skills and ability to problem solve and lead assignments with overseas suppliers/manufactures ensuring flawless continuity.
- Experience building and executing a product road-map for significant scale.
- Experience managing manufacture and supply relationships in the far east.
- Define and execute go-to-market strategies for new products.
- Experience working with CAD design software.
- Comfortable working with engineering, design, data, marketing and other key departments/stakeholders.
- Negotiation of contracts with existing and new suppliers – consistently achieving best price.
- Monitor existing manufacture & supplier performance and source new relationships where necessary.
- Quarterly visits to existing and potential hardware, technical and manufacturing partners.
- Working with and managing 3rd parties to ensure quality control, compliance and H&S standards are met.
- Obsessed with continuous improvement.
- Effective stock/returns management, utilisation of system reports, low level stock, monthly ordering, back orders and historic / present data for sales and stock holdings.
- Build out UK-wide engineering network.
- Work closely with product designers on future at-home exercise products.
- Ensure that all products meet legal and performance standards, including education of our suppliers to promote responsible sourcing and product compliance.
- Strong knowledge integrating tech and hardware.
- Strong analytical skills – Experience with Office365 suite.
- BSc/ BEng/ HND – Product Engineering or Management Related.
- Ability to work as part of the team but also confident using own initiative.
- Full Driving Licence and Passport (you will be required to travel overseas with this role).
If you are confident that you are the person we are looking for, please send your application and CV directly to Adam Smithers at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Salary||Circa £45k - £50k|